The Right Questions
Why ask your employees dozens or hundreds of questions to measure their employee engagement if you can get the most accurate results by asking only 12?
Gallup researchers spent decades writing and testing hundreds of questions, because their wording and order mean everything when it comes to accurately measuring engagement. Their research yielded Gallup's Q12 survey: the 12 questions that measure the most important elements of employee engagement.
Gallup has studied survey results from more than 25 million employees around the world. We wrote the bestselling book on engagement — twice. All of our research points to one thing:
Measurement That Means Something:
- Employees answer 12 simple questions, available in multiple languages, that tie directly to performance outcomes.
- Scores are on a 1 to 5 scale, which clearly highlights strengths and opportunities.
- Improvement efforts should focus on the essential elements of engagement, those measured by the Q12 survey.
Actionable Results, Fast
Don't spend countless hours and reams of paper trying to find out how engaged your employees are. Gallup offers a quick and easy way to set up, schedule, and conduct your Q12 employee survey online.
When it's time to administer your Q12 survey, you get access to:
- An intuitive online dashboard to set up your reporting options
- A unique survey hyperlink that you send to your employees directly
- A detailed implementation guide featuring examples to help you communicate with employees about the survey
After your employees complete the Q12 survey, you can use your results to quickly and easily identify areas of strength and opportunity, and begin to take action.
Overall and group-level Q12 survey reports include:
- Your overall engagement score (GrandMean) and how it compares to Gallup's database
- Scores for each of the Q12 survey questions and how they compare with Gallup's database
- The number of employees who completed the survey and the number who completed each question
Your survey results don't mean anything if you can't create measureable change. Gallup's Q12 survey results offer you power in numbers.
Gallup maintains the world's most comprehensive employee engagement database of its kind and can directly link improved engagement, as measured by the Q12 survey, to increased financial performance.
- Employee retention
We pioneered the research behind employee engagement and continue to conduct groundbreaking studies. Every three years we publish a report that details the relationship between employee engagement at work and organizational outcomes.
The findings consistently show that the relationship between each element of engagement and performance at the workgroup level is sustainable and highly generalizable across organizations. That means no matter how you look at it, when your Q12 scores improve, the result is consistently better outcomes.Click here to start managing employee engagement and improving the outcomes that matter most to your organization.